Patent leather is a coated type of leather that has a very shiny finish and the superior one used to hand made the Superglamourous formal shoes is of the highest quality calfskin and comes from renowned Tuscan tanneries.
Usually it is enough to caress the surface of the shoes with a clean neutral cotton cloth to bring them back to their original perfection, but it is still recommended to follow the simple steps below to make your pair even more shiny:
1) First of all, set your workspace with dedicated essential products: Cedar Shoe Trees and Vernis Rife® by Saphir®.
2) Put the cedar shoe trees into the shoes; if the shoes have laces or embellishments, remove and treat them separately to get them clean.
3) Carefully remove dust and dirt on the upper with a clean cotton cloth. It is very important to carry out this step with precision because any traces of dirt could mark the shoe during the polishing step.
4) Covering the index and middle fingers with a clean cotton cloth, apply a tiny layer of Vernis Rife® to the whole upper. It is very important not to put the lotion on leather or rubber soles.
5) Let it to absorb for five minutes and it is completely dry, polish the entire upper with a clean cotton cloth, paying particular attention to the tip and the back above the heel. Attention: do not worry if a slight haze should appear on the shoes while the Vernis Rife® is absorbing: it is normal and the haze will disappear while shining.
To keep your shoes at their best - in addition to the proper daily cleaning above - take care to keep them away from direct light (sunlight or artificial light), always use a Cedar Shoehorn and store them with a pair of dedicated Cedar Shoe Trees.
Finally, don't forget the soles that need to repaired as soon as they are worn out: the foot posture will be correct and you will walk better.
What about the toughest stains or damages? Our advice is to contact us to be redirected to an expert shoemaker.
Scan Certilogo® QR Code to verify the authenticity of your online and in-store purchase
Our logistics partner DHL Express grant your standard or express delivery in 2 to 7 days
Our expertise and the artisanal production process allow us to realize even numbers not available in-stock (IT35 / UK1 / US2, IT36 / UK2 / US3 and IT48 / UK 14 / US15). Submit your order request and you will be contacted by our Customer Care with all the necessary information to complete your Special Order. The order production of a Made-To-Measure shoes takes about 20 daysContact Us